The last few posts are all part of the walk I took yesterday afternoon in which I became mesmerized and eneregized by the enormity of the natural world right where I live, and walk and work every day...and ever so grateful to be part of all this. There's more to come from all those pictures I took but let's get back to how I saw the garden yesterday on my return. We'd had a lot of rain -today as well - but yesterday was glorious. Here are a few things I marvelled at:
-still a few red dahlias in a red planter-
-bacopa,most of the bacopa I used was from last years -oh the wonders of these plants - and lobelia - most, if not all, of the lobelia on my yard survives from one spring to another - I never know where I'll find it springing up
-planter along the front of the house - the driftwood creation is from my friend Pat who lives in Nanaimo where she finds plenty of driftwood for her unique art work. Pat is also an expert quilter-I'm so lucky to have one of her beautiful quilts done in "candle wicking"!
Near the front door stands the mailbox Al made. Here too I used the grasses in the hanging basket - I had impatiens with it and trailing geraniums but next year just grasses - I'm hoping it will spring to life after winter. This fuchsia, not much bloom left, was also one which survived the winter in the garage last year.





1 comment:
Thanks for the nostalgia trip for me into your world there in British Columbia. It is so very beautiful. Also I appreciated the tips here and there on gardening ideas.
Post a Comment