Blog Archive

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose...









Hubby came home with these gorgeous roses late this morning...and I had to take pictures and pictures and pictures...
It's difficult deleting photos so I just choose to display them...No there were still a lot more photos to choose from...

But we'll end the way we began...with the red rose singled out because..

0, my luve is like a red, red rose,
that's newly sprung in June.
0, my love is like a melodie,
that's sweetly play'd in tune...
Robert Burns

Now for a real treat please check out how magnificently it is sung by tenor, Kenneth McKellar
(Sorry, just can't get the "imbed" idea-but take the time to find Kenneth McKeller singing, "O My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose..." on YouTube-it's stunning!)

Oh the extravagance of roses in early January when poinsettias are still brilliantly aflame in the house - a glorious start to a New Year -
Thanks Dear Husband!

3 comments:

katherine said...

My hubby bought me flowers yesterday too!!! I also go crazy taking pictures...who wouldn't? Roses are sooo beautiful how they unfold!

Alice said...

Hi Katherine,
How about that? Roses are beautiful that's for sure. I wish you and your little family a wonderful New Year - way beyond your fondest expectations. As to George, the Santa from the Christmas post, I'll try to get a refresher update...not too many people left who know his amazing journey, and tell a bit more about him in a future post. Thanks for checking in...and you too, Arlene...don't want to keep you hanging :) - everything turned out well for George and his family, but they did have a very, very long time to wait before that happened!

Lou and Marilyn Sawchenko said...

Were the roses for a special occasion or "just because"? They are magnificent! Enjoy.