Blog Archive

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Under His Wings

I had been watching for them.  After my first missed photo-op of these beautiful downy-coated goslings, I remembered to take my camera.  A few days later I spotted them at the far end of the pond, in fabulous formation with  mama in the lead and papa bringing up the rear and the little ones gracefully gliding along.   It was too far away and again, no picture.  But yesterday, there they were foraging for goodies near the walkway, all fourteen of them - 14- and oh the protectiveness of the parents...

...goslings, unconcerned looking for goodies...

...goose and gander both so vigilant...

...papa hissing at another goose trying to crash the party...

...an unfamiliar sound brings them all scurrying to water's edge...

...but they don't go in...

I think mama is saying,
 "Enough swimming for the day...you're nice and dry and it's almost bedtime."
 It was beautiful and reminded me of my Heavenly Father who keeps me safely under his wings. 

"He will cover you with His feathers,
 and under his wings you will find refuge;
 his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." 
 Psalm 90:4

1 comment:

Lou and Marilyn Sawchenko said...

Beautiful, Alice. Truly God is so evident in the creation around us. And even more so in the bursting of life-- spring time. Our hope is in the Lord!! And this is where our help comes from!