Blog Archive
Friday, August 14, 2009
A Thankful Heart
Each little flower that opens
Each little bird that sings-
He made their glowing colors
He made their tiny wings...
Embracing what God does for you
is the best thing
you can do for Him. Romans 12:1
- from The Message - Eugene Petersen
And as Madame Blueberry knows:
... a thankful heart is a happy heart...!
I love the way our 4 year old grandson beautifully sings these great lyrics from one of Madame Blueberry's movies:*
I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!
For our home on the ground,
For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
Thats an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!
*Veggie Tales
Yes, today, with God's help, I will embrace what He does for me
because that's the best thing I can do for Him! Wow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a great daily focus! Thanks for the reminder, Alice.
Post a Comment