We never made very much of Father's Day it seems and yet it's so important and wonderful to remember to honour those special men in our lives. I am reminded of my own dear Dad who has been gone for ten years now. He loved flowers and often brought flowers home for my Mom when he did the shopping. I thank God for Al's Dad. He nurtured Al through tough economic times on the family farm and taught him important life lessons. Although he was already gone when Al and I married, I can see from his photos and listening to stories of the past that he was a wonderful, kind and gentle man, like Al.
Then there is Al, the father of our three wonderful children. I want to honour him today with this photo of our prolific carpet rose in our former garden.
And though Al enjoyed the beauty of the flowers he loved and enjoyed his children and grandchildren much more deeply and was proud of them.
With this strong orange flower, the tiger lily faithfully coming up each year, I honour my two wonderful sons and my equally wonderful son-in-law. I thank God for them, am proud of them and pray God's blessing on them. They are wonderful Dad's. God bless them...God bless all Dad's today in a very special way.
"Honor your father and your mother
that your days may be long upon the land
which the LORD your God is giving you."
Exodus 20:12



1 comment:
Beautiful and powerful words. You are inspiring, a blessing and an encourager to others, including me. Thanks!
Post a Comment