Mmmmmm....
 |
| Tasty appetizer bar... |
 |
My brother Carl, youngest in the clan, recently hosted the annual summer barbecue beginning with his favourite appys...we all enjoyed it tremendously.
This is also the season for incredibly juicy and vitamin-packed fresh fruit: |
 |
| Oh those bing cherries..."Cherry ripe, cherry ripe, ripe, I cry, full and fair ones come and buy..." lyrics to a song my sister Herta sang at a school music festival many years ago... |
 |
| Raspberries always evoke emotions...years of picking them as a reluctant teenager, then growing them ourselves and marketing them, while our own kids were now picking them for us...I love the tartness of this wonderful fruit. Coupled with hearty toast and some aged cheese and a strong cup of coffee seems the perfect breakfast for me. I freeze lots of them and enjoy them throughout the winter. |
 |
| Strawberries... the first of the seasonal berries - so good on cake and vanilla yogurt... |
"Who satisfies your mouth with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Psalm 103:5
1 comment:
yummy food...how i love food!! And especially the abundance of fruits of the Fraser Valley. And I miss you, my dear friend. Hope that you are well.
Post a Comment