How surprised I was late this afternoon while making my tour of the yard after two days of rain, I noticed a fully opened floribunda rose safely tucked in among the foliage of this enormous rose bush. Next to it a bud nestled among the verdant leaves, ready to open in a day or two. Inspite of so much rain the rose buds are opening. This floribunda, old as it is and having endured several moves, is now in a perfect spot-sheltered and warm against the south side of the house. As it has grown over the years, it is pushing its way onto the walkway and after a heavy summer rain has occasionally collapsed forward since I have only a rather flimsy trellis keeping some of the back branches in place. Watch for another picture of this rose bush in mid July when it will be loaded with blooms. The rose - what a beautiful name for a beautiful flower. Sometimes Jesus is referred to as "The Rose of Sharon" (Song of Songs 2:1)
While Al and I were travelling in the Holy Land three years ago, together with my sister and husband, we stopped in the beautiful Sharon Valley enroute to Galilee. As we noticed the lovely roses there, we immediately burst into song recalling the song we'd been taught in our church's girls choir many years ago:
"Jesus, Rose of Sharon, bloom within my heart.
Beauty of Thy truth and holiness impart;
That where'er I go, my life may shed abroad,
Fragrance of the knowledge, of the love of God.
Jesus, blessed Jesus,
Rose of Sharon, Rose of Sharon...
Bloom in radiance and in love within my heart!"
div style='clear:both; text-align:LEFT'>
No comments:
Post a Comment