This required adjusting my recipe and so I did. I used cornstarch instead of flour to thicken the custard, along with the egg yolks. This worked well and Al thanked me since I poured out some custard in a separate casserole dish for him to enjoy sans crust - since he is wheat and gluten intolerant, baked it and had so much pie that we shared it with neighbors and family. Very tasty.
Blog Archive
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Rhubarb Custard Pie
This required adjusting my recipe and so I did. I used cornstarch instead of flour to thicken the custard, along with the egg yolks. This worked well and Al thanked me since I poured out some custard in a separate casserole dish for him to enjoy sans crust - since he is wheat and gluten intolerant, baked it and had so much pie that we shared it with neighbors and family. Very tasty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love all your flowers. Enjoyed your pictures--your garden is beautiful!(You could be a hostess in a garden tour). We are still enjoying our tulips and daffodils. Spring is coming slowly...but surely. We are finding many fun surprises in our "new" place.
good work Mom. Wish we could be there to share that masterpiece.
Love Andrew.
Hi Andrew - thanks so much for commenting. Wouldn't it be wonderful to munch on more rhubarb pie together! mom
Post a Comment