Blog Archive

Thursday, August 28, 2008

BR-r-r-r

There must be new records being set right about now...I just turned on the furnace to get rid of that saturating chill that's permeating the house and my bones. Already I'm wearing long pants, socks and a sweater set. This is August, the end of August, usually the very hottest days of the summer.

When we left the house at about 11 this morning the temperature on our outdoor thermometer registered only 13 degrees Celsius with rain coming down pretty hard as well. I don't like to complain about the weather because it's futile but this is getting to me. I did venture a look at the flowers from a sheltered spot on the deck and got rewarded with a lovely waft of alyssum-scented air! That almost made up for this dreary day. Yesterday was chilly and cloudy but not rainy. For tomorrow more rain and cold is predicted. But when the sun will break through on Saturday we'll forget the chills. Of course I'm just a fair-weather gardener in any case, since the weather never stops a true gardener from being out, rain or shine.

Paradigm shift...it makes all the difference...

"I will bless them...I will send down showers in season;
there will be showers of blessing. "

Ezekiel 34:26

Immediately my spirit lifts in praise and worship of our great God who is the Creator, Sustainer and Redeemer of us all...rain or shine!

"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:
I will sing and give praise."

Psalm 57:7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha from Hawaii! Maybe you should transport yourselves to Hawaii some weekend. It would be great to have a senior nerd mini reunion. And the weather is boring--stays at 88 F or 89. Tomorrow we plan to attend the Hawaiian church again. Next weekend we plan to rent a van and do some exploring along with Lyle and Lorna. Enjoyed your blog tonight.