Blog Archive
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Say it with Flowers
My terrific husband surprised me with flowers this morning! I was so completely surprised and delighted. It's not that he doesn't do this from time to time but this was so spontaneous and beautiful. I think it was a little incentive to keep me motivated in pursuing a physical fitness regimen. Al is so very fit and he's thrilled that I'm going along to the gym with him these days to see if I can't get into better shape after missing almost a month of walking because of the snow and indulging just a little too much in all those pre and post Christmas goodies.
Flowers are love's truest language.-
Park Benjamin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Way to go on the fitness routine, Alice. We have done some walking around here, but today i was privileged to run in a 5K run with Andrey and a few of his colleagues. It made me very happy even though it was at 5:45 a.m.
Marilyn, Congratulations on running a 5K race - that is amazing and inspiring...and to be running with Andrey...well, what can I say...he must have been equally happy! I noticed on the first picture on your last blog post that you had lost weight and looked very healthy and fit... congratulations to you, my friend!
Nice talking with you last night. Feeling a lot better today...will be able to do that hike with kids on Sunday :-) There's a great book out there called "You on a Diet". Written by a couple of common sense doctors who explain how the body works and provide great strategies for watching what we eat without feeling hungry. They also encourage 30 minutes of exercise a day. It does work :-) Not rapid weight loss...just steady loss with a lifestyle change.
Post a Comment