Blog Archive

Friday, January 2, 2009

The Snowman

Oh the snow, the beautiful snow was falling again this morning. While talking with our four year old grandaughter in Mexico early today, Grampa told her they could make a snowman together if she was here. Without missing a beat she said, "You make it and send a picture!" So being a man of honour good old Grampa with Gramma right behind him headed out after lunch and this is what happened!

Now what do we do next?
Ta-da...not bad for someone, Grampa who has probably never made a snowman before in his life! Oh the power of a child! And what glorious fun we had - fresh air and a bit of exercise, finally, after all that holiday feasting!


A Chubby Little Snowman*
A chubby little snowman
Had a carrot nose
Along came a rabbit
And what do you suppose?
That hungry little bunny,
Looking for his lunch,
ATE the snowman's carrot nose...
Nibble, nibble, CRUNCH!


A secret for Frosty? What could it be? Tell me if you know.

The Snowman
I made a great tall snowman
With two huge coal black eyes
And just to reach around his neck
Took two of Daddy's ties.
I put a hat of mother's
Upon his rounded head
And then I ran and left him
And hurried off to bed.
When I awoke next morning
Imagine my surprise
My snowman had run away
And left his hat, ties, and eyes!


*I don't have the author's names for these poems - from Children's Poetry many of which I used as a teacher and remember from the past.

Oh...the songbirds were singing and enjoying themselves in the sparkling sunshine flitting from tree to tree. Such a glorious sight and sound...such a message of hope and good cheer!
"Hope springs eternal in the human breast..." Alexander Pope-1733
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job guys!!! You would have thought it would be us, in Wpg., making the snowman not you guys in Abbotsford!
Bobbi