Blog Archive

Friday, December 12, 2008

Mountains-Garibaldi Range

We enjoyed a beautiful sunny day yesterday. I headed out for a neighborhood walk at about 4 pm and at the last minute decided to take my camera. I've been waiting to catch a good shot of those amazing mountains to the north of us - the Garibaldi's I call them. Of course my little camera, zoomed out to the full range, can't do them justice. But I was energized and exhilarated once again and so grateful that I can literally look around my immediate neighborhood and enjoy such stunning beauty. And then there's gorgeous Mt. Baker as I turn around and look southward. How blessed I am! As I finished I noticed the full moon just rising above the trees and was pleasantly surprised I was able to even get this shot. These pictures all look so much better on a full computer screen than when they're posted.



I'm thinking these are the Golden Ears, further west on the range of mountains, and taken from a higher elevation further up the hill on my walk.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth...

from Psalm 121 KJV
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lou and Marilyn Sawchenko said...

Breathtaking!! Last evening we were gazing at the full moon here in the Philippines!! God's glory is everywhere.