Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW

The snow fell softly through the night,
It made a blanket soft and white.
It covered houses, trees and ground,
But did not make a single sound.




Snow makes whiteness where it falls,
The bushes look like popcorn balls-
And places where I always play,
Look like somewhere else today.




Snow Angels - hmm...how did that snow angel get onto my back yard? Jenn's boys had been over and I'd been thinking about making snow angels with Jared in the back yard but it didn't happen. Then the snow started to really come down and his Mommy thought it would be best to head for home before road conditions worsened.




Oh well, I'm just glad Al didn't get a shot of me extricating myself without damaging "my image" - hah!




It's the prairie girl in me...the child...the Gramma...the school teacher...I love childrens' literature, poetry, songs, activities - I can do them! The innocence of children, their purity and wonder...are uncomplicated - uplifting and refreshing! No wonder our Lord loved kids so much and did you know the Bible tells us that their angels, kids' angels, always see the face of God? (see Matthew 18:1-10) Wowie! Let's treat these little ones well.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared just got in from making snow angels with daddy on the front lawn and so he got such a kick out of seeing Nana Alice playing in the snow, too. In between fits of giggles he said in his very sweet voice, "Oh Nana Alice...I love ya!"

Anonymous said...

Nana Alice...i love you, too!! I didn't know that you loved to make snow angels. We will have to be angels together sometime. I often give in to the urge to that freshly fallen snow. You make me smile!!

Dana said...

I love it!!!!!!! Go Alice Go!

Anonymous said...

Alice, what a neat thing to do - making snow angels in the new fallen white stuff. Sure does bring one back to days long gone.
I compliment you on always finding or composing the absolutely perfect poetry to match the pics.
You do have a gift sis - I love it and you Nana Alice. Your grandson is the perfect dream of a child. How precious!

HT

Anonymous said...

I heard about the snow angels, Alice, and just had to see it! I LOVE making snow angels - maybe you, Marilyn & I can make snow angels some day?! ;)

That was sooooo awesome!
love you Alice!
Bobbi

Anonymous said...

I also meant to mention that I love your poetry - I don't take the time myself and I love poetry, especially when you chose something that I am familiar with and it brings back so many awesome memories. Thank you Alice!
Bobbi