Blog Archive
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
It's a New Day
Good Morning everyone! It's a new day...another beautiful day. It didn't seem as if it would be when I stepped out onto the back deck around 6:15 this morning. But the surprise was coming...it always seems to come through my south-facing kitchen window when I least expect it.
And there, as I placed my coffee mug into the sink and looked out, I saw it...a breath-taking sunrise in the eastern sky awash in dark reds and deep purples lightening into oranges and majentas as the minutes ticked by. Of course I must capture this moment...so out onto the deck I go, zoom in with my trusty little Canon Powershot A720, and hope for a reasonable facsimile. I am pleased...close, certainly not as good as the real thing...but such a reminder of the faithful sun rising every single day whether we see it or not...it rises...we can count on it. The Creator put it into its "DNA" to work perfectly every day-so faithful.
And so as I'm reading now in the great Book of Isaiah the Old Testament prophet I am blessed and uplifted again as I ponder the faithfulness of God:
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It was a beautiful sunrise, wasn't it? We saw it on our way in to work this morning.
Oh...the beauty of those mornings! His faithfulness sustains us.
hey Alice, I get the almond butter from Price Mart. They sell all kinds of butter. ALmond-pistachio is particularily good. It sells by the peanut butter. I hear Costco sells the almond butter pictured in my blog at a really good price. It should be in almost any grocery store since it's pretty popular now a days. If you can't find it in a regular one, go to Choices. My mom doesn't like the stuff but I think it tastes good!
Alice - I love the Isaiah reference. Just to know God
considers us that imortant that he will continue to
be alongside us all our days is soooo comforting.
PTL!
Love your blogs - thanks and again thanks.
Herta
Post a Comment