Blog Archive

Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Lovely Day

The colours of Autumn were brilliant today, this first day of November. A blazing maple welcomes all who pass by along a path near our place.

We were all dismayed when the horticulturists in our town decided it was time to remove all the ornamental cherry blossom trees from our area. For two weeks or more every April, if we were lucky with the weather, we enjoyed the beautiful tree-lined boulevards filled with gracefully arching pink-blossom laden branches. Now with the replacements we enjoy their stunning beauty in fall rather than spring. These ornamental pear trees, pyramidal rather than arching are also very beautiful.



Our little city is often referred to as the city in the country. How far do you think I had to go to get this picture of a pasture, a raspberry field and a beautiful red barn? Drum roll....

...as far as our front bedroom window! I zoomed in and took this shot right through the window...I love this vista... I love red barns...
...yes, a little country just across the way...

Then after a walk through our neighborhood in the late afternoon I noticed the moon, almost full, rising in all its glory. This picture is taken through that same front window as the previous photo.

"Guter Mond du scheinst so helle..."
(Dear moon, you shine so brightly...)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

katherine said...

what a beautiful view!

Lou and Marilyn Sawchenko said...

Wow Alice. Those truly are some breath taking beautiful pictures. It was great to see Abbotsford in the fall again. Thanks. The photos remind me of God's beauty and grace-- so abundant and generous!