Blog Archive
Monday, October 5, 2009
Mill Lake Pt 3
So glad Kariton House was open today exhibiting the paintings of local artists. My neighbor Lyn has a beautiful water color on display there. I spent some time in this lovely gallery located right along the trail and then continued down the winding path.
There are many benches located all around the park - benches dedicated to the memory of loved ones. This beautiful new bench trimmed in pink caught my attention immediately. I had not seen it before. As I walked over to read the inscription on the plaque I remembered the tragic story of the little 4 1/2 year old girl who had been killed in a farming accident a few years ago - I believe it was the same little girl whose name was inscribed on the shiny pink plaque.
Feeding the ducks. This young girl invited me to feed the ducks from her small stash of grain. Instead, I asked if I could take a picture.
Serenely basking in the warmth of the afternoon sunshine this little lady in her wheelchair, with her companion on the bench next to her, caught my eye. We smiled and exchanged greetings and I asked if they'd like me to take their picture. I've never done that before but somehow I felt compelled to do this. Our son Andrew* who works relentlessly at improving his skills in photography gave me the idea through his pictures. He likes to take photos of people, catching their expressions and then presenting them with a hard copy at a later date. This must have spurred me on. Although they demured momentarily they readily agreed to have their picture taken. I've already sent off an electronic copy. It was fun.**
*http://thewillmsphotogblog.blogspot.com/
**Checking my blog after posting yesterday, I didn't feel right about a few things. I suffered from "shoppers regret" and returned the last picture of Part 3 to Picasa, cropped only the dear old lady, who I later learned had just turned 90 years old and is in a care facility, since it was she I really wanted to focus on. She had such a sweet gentle spirit about her. I think she reminded me of my dear mother who also lived to be 90+ years old! Now that is all well and good but alas alack...those comments from two dear readers are now not attached. So lest you think I deleted them because I didn't like what you said, wrong...I was tickled to read your comments. Your words encourage me. Thank you so much. Now maybe eventually I'll be able to figure out how to do this all differently withour having to redo the whole post. It seems to me that Blogger or My Pictures doesn't recognize the new version i.e.cropped picture that was done by Picasa. Any ideas out there on this matter? If I had been able to do that I could simply have imported the cropped picture and deleted the old one, which is what I tried over and over to do. I had to choose between the two...get the cropped picture which I really wanted or keep the comments. Well I've kept the comments in my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No worries, Alice! These technological details can sometimes be quite a stimulus to frustration, however, on the other hand can serve as instruments of encouragement and blessing. We will choose the latter. And learn as we go along. All that to say...I am in the same boat! And i can't tell you how to fix the situation for next time. Maybe someone else can.
Post a Comment