Blog Archive

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mill Lake


Mill Lake lies in the center of our busy little city. The distant mountain ranges to the north and east create a stunning backdrop to this natural jewel.

Because I'm so familiar with the area I haven't bothered taking note of an entry sign to the park. But today was different. I took my camera with the intention of getting a few good shots and posting them. This humble sign simply carved into a plank and painted was the only one I saw as I made my 1 mile loop around the lake.

Canada Geese, Wood ducks and one lone white goose are all part of the lakes' inhabitants. The black cormorant usually on a log with other ducks was not present today.

Mount Baker in all its gorgeous glory stands regally implanted towards the south. I never get tired of this landmark and always try to get a better shot of this imposing mountain, totally ours we all think, but totally on American soil.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lou and Marilyn Sawchenko said...

Alice, what a beautiful shot of Mount Baker! There is so much beauty all around. It is a good thing to enlarge our vision with fresh perspectives of our everyday world.